6. Measure straight up the total length of the Back and place a dot for neck edge at top of pattern. (22.75")
7. At lower edge of pattern, square a line out to the right; on this line, measure half the back width (10") and place a dot.
8. Measure straight up from point 7 the length of the side seam, including the bottom ribbing; place a dot.
9. Square a line across from point 8 to the center line for armhole line.
10. Measure in from point 8 along armhole line the amount of the armhole bind off and place a dot.
11. At point 6 on top center line, square a line out from center towards shoulder; measure outwards on this line half the neck width (2.5") and place a dot.
12. From point 6 on top center, measure outwards on same line from step 11 half the shoulder width (8") and place a dot.
13. Drop straight down from point 12 the amount of shoulder slope (1.25") and place a dot. Connect point 13 (shoulder point) to dot 11 (neck point).
14. Drop straight down from point 13 to armhole line.
Note that for this style the armhole is square, and there is a straight line from armhole bind off to shoulder. On set-in sleeve styles, it is necessary to draw in the underarm curve after completing step 14.
Return to Step 1, Preparing the Schematic
Go to Drawing the Front, Step 3
Knit Contour Lesson Index
Clearwater Knits Home Page
P.O. Box 637
Wickenburg, AZ 85358
© 1997-2002 by Irene Woods